- Login to mysql server, type the following command at shell prompt:
# mysql -uroot -p$(grep mysql= /usr/local/directadmin/scripts/setup.txt | cut -d'=' -f2)
Firstly, we need to generate two random passwords one for user root and second for user da_admin.
Use this website to generate two random passwords. Passwords should be 14 characters lenght.
- Use mysql database (type command at mysql> prompt):
mysql> use mysql;
- Change password for user root, enter:
mysql> update user set password=PASSWORD("PASSWORD1") where User='root';
Where PASSWORD1 is the first password generated from lastpass.com.
- Change password for user da_admin, enter:
mysql> update user set password=PASSWORD("PASSWORD2") where User='da_admin';
Where PASSWORD2 is the first password generated from lastpass.com.
- Finally, reload the privilegies with:
mysql> flush privileges; mysql> quit;
- After that, we need to tell directadmin what are the new passwords. Edit with vim/nano or your favorite editor the file:
Edit the passwd line and delete the old password and copy the PASSWORD2 in place.
You might also need the modify the file /usr/local/directadmin/conf/my.cnf if the file exists in the same way mysql.conf was modified.